Counter Culture Labs agrees to adhere to the following DIYbio code of ethics:
- OPEN ACCESS – Promote citizen science and decentralized access to the tools of science.
- TRANSPARENCY – Emphasize transparency, the sharing of ideas, knowledge and data.
- EDUCATION – Engage the public about science and its possibilities.
- SAFETY – Adopt safe practices.
- ENVIRONMENT – Respect the environment.
- PEACEFUL PURPOSES – Science should only be used for peaceful purposes.
- TINKERING – Tinkering with science leads to insight; insight leads to innovation.
- COMMUNITY – Reach out to the local community, carefully listen to any concerns and questions and respond honestly.