This is the Counter Culture Labs wiki.
We use this wiki to document our projects and keep lab notes. Create a Wiki Account!
Want to know more about CCL? How to find us? How to get involved?
Maybe you should watch our kickstarter video.
Or come to one of our virtual meetups!
The Counter Culture Labs physical space is currently mostly closed but we do have a process where folks can apply for access during the ongoing pandemic. Currently only one person is allowed in the lab at any one time. We are working on a re-opening plan.
Current active projects
- Real Vegan Cheese - Producing cheese protein in yeast to make real cheese that's vegan
- This project was entered into the 2014 iGEM competition and won Best Community Project
- Open Insulin - Creating open protocols for microbian insulin production
- Fermentation Station - A group of people experimenting with fermentation at our lab
- BioSunBlock - Make E. coli bacteria produce shinorine for use as an eco-friendly sun-screen
- This project was entered into the 2015 iGEM competition